Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunday: Norris Dam State Park

After the Museum of Appalachia our group headed to Norris Dam State Park. It started out pretty exciting because we ended up using the back entrance. We ended up on this winding gravel road that at certain points I was sure that the vans would roll off the road, they didn't. The park was beautiful! We walked by the river, saw the dam, took pictures, and even got to pet a puppy. One of the cool things about the park was that they had a free museum that on Sunday from 2 to 5 the had a free Blue-Grass concert. These were some of the most talented musician I have ever seen and they were 3 to 4 times my age. At one point on of the musician was talking to a women who was 97 years old. He asked her if she remembered the flight of Amelia Earhart and she said yes. This was a very touching moment and made me appreciate the history we had seen today even more. Apparently word got around that we were from Maryland because they honored us by letting me speak a few words about the program. I was about to sit down when the rest of the group (who know I can sing because I keep singing Les Misérables all the time) insisted I sing a song. I said I can also play guitar at which point on of the musician handed me his guitar. This was my first performance in front of an actual audience. I loved it, it is one of the best moments in my entire life! Afterwards I was given genuine applause and complements which made the experience all the more wonderful. We also saw chicken-man from Jay Leno but, at that point, that meant nothing to me. This trip is Amazing!

No comments: