Monday, December 10, 2012

About Me: Nick

Hey All!

My name is Nicholas, but you can call me Nick, and I'm the other trip leader for the Knoxville trip. This is also my first time being a trip leader but I did go on 2 trips last year and my sister was an intern for the program last year so don't worry, me and Sydney know what we're doing. I'm a Junior Criminology and Criminal Justice major with the aspirations of working on policy reform to create a more socially just society.

I'm from New Carrollton Maryland which is only a few miles away from campus. Not that it is a competition but I have Sydney beat, my house has 7 cats (tho only 4 stay inside all the time). For some reason we attract them like a plague. Currently I am the Vice President of the Students for Sensible Drug Policy chapter on campus. I believe that all social issues are related in some degree and constantly tie drug policy to all of the different issues. I am currently an adult leader in my former Boy Scout troop where as a youth I earned the Eagle Scout award. Until yesterday, when I turned 21, I was also a member of the venture crew. Due to boy scouts I'm fairly knowledgeable about and enjoy outdoorsy activities such as camping, hiking, rock climbing, caving, white water rafting, and more. I also have a passion for music and play guitar and sing for fun (if possible I will definitely bring my guitar on the trip, fingers crossed).

I will bring unique perspectives to the trip (aside from being the only guy). I also have a pretty good sense of humor, tho most of the time I just make myself laugh. As I said earlier I was a boy scout so I'm always thinking ahead and plan to be prepared to handle anything this trip throws at us. I'm excited to get to know all of my participants better as we continue to interact before and during the trip.

That's all I have for now. Knoxville is gonna be awesome!

No comments: