Tuesday, January 1, 2013

About Me: Amber

Hi everyone!

My name is Amber Ferguson and I'm super excited to be participating in the Alternative Spring Break trip to Knoxville, TN. I recently transfered to UMD from Prince George's Community College where I received my A.A. degree last spring. I'm currently a junior History major and U.S. Latina/o Studies minor.

My mom was in the Air Force for 25 years so I've lived many places but my favorite place had to be England. I love fish & chips and following all the news concerning Kate & Prince William. In my free time I like to write, take cooking classes, and watch t.v. I also like to hula hoop and keep up with current events.

I'm looking forward to addressing the issue of domestic violence in marginalized communities because I feel like a lot of people don't talk about it but it's such a prevalent problem that needs to be highlighted more. To fundraise I think our group could host a bingo competition where we sell tickets for people to play. Who doesn't like to win prizes?

No comments: